We combine the advantages of Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) with the performance-orientation of an external VC-fund.
- We are not just external fund advisors, we understand and implement your strategy
- We build a solid bridge to the startup ecosystem for you
- We offer a tailor-made framework
- We develop investment guidelines according to your strategic goals
- Most importantly: we build your dedicated team of experts (with a mix of market and venture expertise)
- Deal flow generation (through wide network of experts, business angels, former founders, professional co-investors, events etc.)
- Systematic assessment of opportunities
- Established investment advisory process
- Deal management platform
- Professional portfolio monitoring and reporting
- Intensive coaching (development of business development roadmaps, strategic priority setting, solving HR-issues etc.)
- Coordination of co-investors, organising investment rounds
- Orchestrating exit options
Marcau Partners is the exclusive investment advisor of Ringier Digital Ventures, the startup vehicle founded by Ringier – a leading Swiss based media and marketplaces group – in 2015. Ringier Digital Ventures focuses on consumer internet startups by taking advantage of Ringier’s media reach and the expertise in the field of online marketplaces worldwide.
Marc Walder, CEO Ringier AG
«Working with startup founders requires a great deal of sensitivity. For us, Marcau Partners are not only the seismograph in tracking down trends, but also active co-creators in building an attractive venture portfolio.»
Investment Criteria Ringier Digital Ventures
CHF 500K to 1M
Direct-to-consumer online marketplaces & e-commerce, subscriptions
(mainly DACH & Nordics)
(Pre-) Series A
Marcau Partners is the exclusive investment manager of Lightbird Ventures AG, the startup vehicle founded by la Mobilière – a leading Swiss private insurance company – in 2021. Lightbird focuses on early-stage companies in the industries of B2B SaaS, Fintech/Insurtech, Proptech, Cybersecurity and Data & Analytics.
Lightbird is a trusted, nimble and reliable partner that accompanies European founders on the roller-coaster ride of what it is to be an entrepreneur.
Investment Criteria Lightbird
CHF 250K to 3M
B2B SaaS, Fintech/Insurtech, Proptech, Cybersecurity, Data & Analytics
Europe (mainly DACH)
Pre-seed to (Pre-)Series A
Marcau Partners is a service partner for SIX FinTech Ventures, which has the aim to provide the Swiss Financial Center with cutting-edge technologies, business models and solutions that meet customer expectations. The SIX FinTech Venture fund invests in highly scalable startups, which have the potential to thrive as established companies and provide real benefit to the Swiss financial ecosystem.
Daniel Schmucki, CFO SIX
«The extensive practical experience distinguishes Marcau Partners. An important neutral voice on our investment committee.»
Investment Criteria Innovation21
Up to CHF 700k
(i)Gaming, Regulated Gambling, Web3 Gaming
Europe (selectively Global)
Pre-seed to (Pre-)Series A
Are you striving to invest in startups?
Are you planning to start a venture capital activity? Then we should initiate a discussion.